A Recipe for Getting Better Clients02/24/2017
Don’t you wish there were a recipe for getting better clients?
Well, there is and, whether you work independently or run your own agency, this recipe works when you have all the ingredients and follow these steps.
Here are the ingredients:
- The right mindset
- A clear position as an expert within the marketplace
- An elevator pitch that communicates your position
- A marketing-smart web site
- A willingness to do whatever it takes
- The fortitude to persist in the face of rejection or, worse, silence
Here are the simple steps:
- Identify your ideal clients – and if you don’t know who your ideal clients are, I invite you to sign up for 3 Steps to Your Ideal Client, a free webinar on March 14, 1-2 PM. (Even if you can’t make it, sign up and you’ll get the recording.)
- Use your creativity to pursue your ideal clients
- Create compelling visual and written content that brings your ideal clients to you
- Speak as an authority in front of your ideal clients
- Stay in touch with email marketing
- Emphasize your expertise to get media attention
Now, it’s one thing to read a recipe and quite another to follow it to get the result you want: to land your targeted message in front of the right people (your ideal clients) at the right time (when they need you) through the right media. The goal is to make them stop and say, “This is exactly who we need.”
That’s called “connecting the dots of your marketing.” And that’s what so many creative professionals, even those who diligently do their marketing, fail to do.
And that’s why we have created the Get Better Clients Bootcamp and invited a dynamic roster of speakers who are actually using these strategies to get better clients. They will share their own practical experience of these how-to marketing tactics. You’ll hear from:
- Debbie Millman
- Terri Trespicio
- Ryan Robinson
- Jake Jorgovan
- Julia Reich
- And me, of course!
So if you really want to up your game and take your business to the next level, join me at The Get Better Clients Bootcamp, a half day intensive on May 2 (Day 1 of HOW Design Live in Chicago) that will focus on answering this one essential question that keeps agency owners and independent creatives alike up at night: “How do I get better clients?”
Plus, if you register before March 21, you will also get – at no extra charge — Marketing Mentor’s 2017 Marketing Plan: The Marketing Blueprint – How to Connect the Dots of Your Marketing. ($99 value), which includes:
- 3 mindsets to cultivate with care
- 3 marketing tools to have in place
- 3 marketing activities to do religiously
- The 4 Week Marketing Campaign
- A new Interactive Prospect Tracker
- 5 bonus podcasts (audio + transcripts)
- 54 Excellent Examples of LinkedIn profiles, marketing-smart web sites and email marketing newsletters (pdf + video)
You’ll be surprised at how affordably this half day intensive is priced, with you in mind.
Come just for the day then get right back to work, or come for all 5 days of HOW Design Live and soak it all in.
See you there!