Boston’s Creative Community, Including Johnny Cupcakes, to Converge with Global Creatives at HOW Design Live, April 30 – May 3
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA CONTACT: Aaron Kiel ak PR Group
919-325-3358 – Office
310-699-4805 – Cell
More Than 3,000 Creative Professionals of All Types, Leading Brands and Design Firms to Connect at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston
NEW YORK (April 18, 2018) — HOW Design Live is gathering Boston’s creative community – including Johnny Cupcakes – and global creatives representing companies such as: Facebook, Twitter, Chobani, Gap Inc., The Hershey Company, LinkedIn, Adobe and many others. HOW Design Live, which takes place April 30 – May 3 in Boston, Mass. at the Hynes Convention Center, is the most inspiring, educational and talked-about design event anywhere in the world. The event also features HOW Marketing Live (with the American Marketing Association) and The Dieline Conference.
“HOW Design Live is a melting pot of creatives from all industries – an event not to be missed,” says, Johnny Earle, founder of Johnny Cupcakes, “The World’s First T-Shirt Bakery.” “Learn from their workshops and keynotes, get inspired by others, network with fellow creatives, shop the exhibit hall, and party with your new pals!”
Earle will participate in HOW Design Live by bringing a Johnny Cupcakes pop-up shop experience to the exhibit hall. He’ll also DJ a special all-vinyl set for the event’s closing night party. Johnny Cupcakes is a Boston-based clothing company largely focused on graphic t-shirts that playfully address pop-culture with a culinary twist. Over the years, Johnny Cupcakes has amassed an international following of customers – die-hard collectors who camp outside the bakery-themed stores for up to two weeks in anticipation for exclusive product.
Overall, HOW Design Live will connect more than 3,000 creative professionals from every U.S. state and from dozens of countries around the world. The event offers up to 100 educational sessions and keynotes, representing some of the best creative minds in the world. The event also offers an exclusive opportunity to preview new tools, technologies and products in the industry’s largest exhibit hall.
Highlights of HOW Design Live 2018 Include:
- HOW Marketing Live – This all new program, in partnership with the American Marketing Association (AMA), is two full days of focused learning and discussion on the intersection of design and marketing. The goal is to strengthen the collaboration between marketers and designers, as they embrace the latest technologies and face new business challenges.
- The Dieline Conference – This event, now in its ninth year, is the most influential and comprehensive package design and branding conference, serving as a focal point for designers who work on consumer brands. The Dieline Conference features a lineup of international design experts from some of the world’s top brands and agencies.
- Opening Keynote – Susan Cain, author of the bestselling books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in A World That Can’t Stop Talking and Quiet Power: The Secret Strengths of Introverted Kids, will deliver the opening keynote at HOW Design Live. Cain’s presentation will take place on Monday, April 30 from 9:15 – 10 a.m., and the focus will be on culture and inclusion as it relates to the creative community. Cain believes the world needs introverts and extroverts to balance each other out, and her mission is to harness the talents and strengths of the quieter half of the population.
- Closing Keynote – Debbie Millman in conversation with Chase Jarvis will be the closing keynote for HOW Design Live 2018 on Thursday, May 3 at 2:15 p.m. Millman is the founder and host of the Design Matters Podcast, co-founder of the Graduate Program in Branding at School of Visual Arts (SVA), and editorial and creative director of Print Magazine. Jarvis is an award-winning photographer, director and entrepreneur whose work has spanned nearly every major network and media outlet, with notable campaigns for Nike, Apple, Samsung, Google, Red Bull and more.
- The Main Stage – HOW Design Live will also feature creative trailblazers and industry icons on its main stage. The keynote presenters will distill the most important lessons they’ve learned in their careers into concrete advice and inspiration. Just a few of the keynote presenters include: Adam J. Kurtz, designer, artist and author of 1 Page at a Time, Pick Me Up and Things Are What You Make of Them; Daniel Pink, No. 1 New York Times bestselling author of several books, including Drive and To Sell Is Human; Dorie Clark, adjunct professor at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and author of Entrepreneurial You; James Sommerville, chief creative officer and design, Vanguard (formerly founder of ATTIK and VP global design, The Coca-Cola Company; and Sagi Haviv, partner and designer, Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv.
Register for HOW Design Live
Attendees of HOW Design Live include designers of all stripes seeking to refine their expertise, acquire and develop new skills and have a positive impact on the world through the work they create for their clients, employers or themselves. The event also attracts: creative leaders and team managers, business owners, solopreneurs, agency principals, communicators and marketing professionals.
Visit http://howdesignlive.com to learn more about the event and to register (register early for the best rate). Attendees can now build the perfect creative getaway this year with 2018’s brand-new registration options. Whether you want to experience it all, or you can only get away for a few days, there’s a HOW option available, including full conference, one-day or three-day passes.
Of Note: HOW Design Live recently released a new white paper for the creative community, The Intersection of Design and Marketing. The free white paper offers advice and tips from some of the top creative minds in design, branding and marketing. To download the free white paper, visit http://howdesignlive.com/white-paper.
About Emerald Expositions
HOW Design Live is owned by Emerald Expositions, the largest operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States, with most of our shows dating back several decades. We currently operate more than 50 trade shows, including 31 of the top 250 trade shows in the country as ranked by TSNN, as well as numerous other events. Our events connect over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupy more than 6.9 million NSF of exhibition space. We have been recognized with many awards and accolades that reflect our industry leadership as well as the importance of our shows to the exhibitors and attendees we serve. https://www.emeraldexpositions.com
# # #
Note to Editors: Press passes available to qualified press; photos of the conference may be requested.