HOW Design Live is where inspiration, community, and creativity converge in a 3-day event that you can’t afford to miss. Founded in 1985, the HOW brand began its life as a print magazine. In 2024, HOW Design Live is celebrating 34+ years of serving the business, creativity and technology needs of creative professionals.
HOW Design Live offers the creative inspiration to refuel your passion combined with the practical knowledge you need to achieve and advance in your career through incredible breakout sessions, keynotes, and workshops. Become part of a creative community that embraces every attendee, validates your work, and empowers you to do great things.
At HOW Design Live, you will:
Access up to 100 educational sessions and keynotes that will change your thinking, radically improve your work, and build business and marketing skills essential to your job.
Hear powerful keynotes such as Elizabeth Gilbert, Simon Sinek, Malcolm Gladwell and Brené Brown, that represent some of the best creative minds in the world.
Become part of a creative community that embraces every attendee, validates your work, and empowers you to do great things.
Experience a truly global happening, with nearly 2,000 attendees from every state in the U.S. and dozens of countries around the world.
Have an exclusive opportunity to preview new tools, technologies, and products in the industry’s largest exhibit hall.
Dieline, the leading resource for the packaging design industry, has been partnering with HOW Design Live since 2010 when we first launched the Dieline Conference and hosted the Dieline Awards. Over the past ten years, Dieline Conference has evolved to become an integral part of the HOW Design Live program and experience.
Everything about the conference is extremely beneficial. The creative inspiration, the techniques learned to work smarter and more efficiently, and the endless opportunity in the resource center, just to name a few. It’s the connections, for me, that make it all worthwhile. The four conferences I’ve attended have spanned nine years. Nine years ago I met a bunch of people that to this day, I consider some of my best friends. We may live around the country and the world, but we stay in touch. Connected. Everyone at HOW Design Live, thank you for this conference. Believe it or not, it’s changing the world.
— Ashlee Ritschdorff | Graphic Designer, Federal Signal
Code of Conduct
At HOW Design Live we are committed to providing a harassment-free and welcoming environment for attendees, speakers, exhibitors, staff and any participant of all races, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, gender, trans statuses and beliefs.
In general, the HOW community is overwhelmingly well behaved, kind and civil, but we believe a clear code of conduct is an important element in building a respectful community space.
HOW Design Live participants and speakers agree to:
- Be considerate in speech and actions, and actively seek to acknowledge and respect the boundaries of fellow attendees.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: deliberate intimidation; stalking; unwanted photography or recording; sustained or willful disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; use of sexual or discriminatory imagery, comments, or jokes; and unwelcome sexual attention. If you feel that someone has harassed you or otherwise treated you inappropriately, please alert any member of the conference team in person, via the team phone/text line, or via email.
- Take care of each other. Alert a member of the conference team if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this code of conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- If any attendee engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any lawful action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to warning the offender or asking the offender to leave the conference. (If you feel you have been unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, you should contact the conference team with a concise description of your grievance; any grievances filed will be considered by the entire HOW Design Live team.)
Terms & Conditions:
- Attendee grants Emerald the right to use Attendee’s name, image and likeness, including but not limited to any photographs or video taken of you at the show, for marketing purposes.
- ATTENTION: Exhibitors and Sponsors at HOW Design Live may utilize badge scanning in order to follow up with you after the show. Please be aware that by permitting an exhibitor/sponsor to scan your badge, your contact information including address, email, phone & fax will be shared with the exhibitor/sponsor, and HOW Design Live
- We will no longer be in control of how your information is used. Questions or concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emerald reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.
- Attendee expressly assumes, and releases Emerald and any affiliates from, all risks, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses, whether or not reasonably foreseeable, associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with Attendee’s participation, presence or sampling of any products at the Event, including, without limitation, all risks of harm, damage, illness (including viruses or illness from any communicable disease or from any sampled products) or injury (including death) to or related to Attendee and his or her person or property.
- Attendee expressly agrees to fully comply with appropriate COVID-19 health and safety measures and protocols for attendance at the event, including the requirement to wear face masks at all times and maintain appropriate social distance. If needed, Emerald will have limited face masks available for those attendees who do not bring their own masks to the event. Emerald reserves the right to remove any attendee from the event for failure to adhere to the required COVID-19 health and safety measures and other protocols for attendance at the event.
- Do Not Share My Information